I have found the following very useful to be happy.
(1) I catch up with my classmates of school, college, and old colleagues and students. I talk somewhere between 15 minutes to almost one hour each to at least five of them daily. When we talk, we revive our old memories. We go back in our mind (In my case, it is 10 to 60 years) and feel the same age in mind of the things revived in the memory. I become younger by that many years, and with five such conversations on average, I am back in my teenage or twenties on most days.
(2) We can be happy if we learn something new every day. There are many things unknown to us, and the very joy of learning gives us real happiness. It could be how a particular plant comes with its leaves or how certain things work. The field is unlimited. Many lifetimes won’t be sufficient to cover the vast knowledge that is available. We can use the current technologies to understand these by reading/hearing/ watching etc. When we are doing this, it arouses our childlike curiosity, and then it is like having our favorite toy.
(3) We need to develop our talents. Everyone is born to be creative, and it is a pity that less than 0.5% use their inborn talents. It could be singing or painting or writing or can be playing an instrument or taking photographs. Again the possibilities are unlimited. We must invest some time daily to pursue our talents and share them with others.
(4) Music is soothing to the mind and lifts us from a pensive mood to one of happiness. In the same way, enjoying nature directly or through the photographic lens can take us to greater heights.
(5) It would be better if we create them, Apart from being passive in enjoying music or nature or movies, etc. Invest at least 15 minutes for recording those creative activities. Stories can be real or imaginary, so long as it gives a positive vibe and inspiring. It is a fact that each one of us is a born storyteller and recorder of events. Only a few put it in black and white with a pen, while fewer make an art form like a painting or a movie. With practice, we can find that we can be reasonably good. But 95% of the time, we do not make even the first step.
(6) The new technology has brought us into a virtual world with the internet as a powerful medium. But unfortunately, most of us are happy with recycling the trash given by some stupid politicians and spread hatred via social media. When we react to it- agreeing or disagreeing with lots of emotions, using some harsh words, we get those emotions in our minds. We unnecessarily increase our Blood pressure. Further, it spoils our relationships with our dear ones. Instead, we can use the same energy in looking at the world from a positive perspective. Life can always be beautiful. So let us avoid all this trash.
Thewriterfriends.com is an experiment to bring the creative people together on one platform. It is a free platform for creativity. While there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of platforms that provide space for expression around the world, the feeling of being a part of fraternity is often lacking. If you have a creative urge, then this is the right place for you. You are welcome here to be one of us.
The government has approved an underwater research project to ascertain the origins of the Ram Setu — a 48-km-long chain of shoals between India and Sri Lanka. (Source of News ‘Divya A at Indian Express.’) Talking about the aim of the exploration, Union Minister of State for Tourism and Culture, Prahlad Singh Patel, said, “The…
The Rot Must Be Stemmed. This article was written in response to a post by Krishna Balu Iyyer on Face Book. He had reacted to the adamancy of Kunal Kamra who is stand up comedian who recently gained certain notoriety when he tried to heckle Arnab Goswami over the issues he raises on his Network…
लेखक: राजगुरू द. आगरकर अनुवाद: आ. चारुमति रानदास खान के साथ गए साथियों को गॉडफ्रे से मिलने के लिए इन्तज़ार नहीं करना पड़ा। गॉडफ्रे उनकी राह ही देख रहा था। उसे उनका आगमन अपेक्षित था। उसने प्रतिनिधियों को भीतर बुलाया। ‘‘आपकी शर्त के मुताबिक सभी सैनिक अपने–अपने जहाज़ों और नाविक तलों को वापस लौट गए…
Never Go To A Foreign Dentist Rcay / 14 yrs ago / Never go to a Foreign Dentist Please never go to a foreign dentist. I will fight tooth and nail to open my mouth to a foreign dentist again! I was posted as a diplomat in on of those paradises when suddenly I started…
लेखक: राजगुरू द. आगरकर अनुवाद: आ. चारुमति रामदास अपोलो बन्दर से लेकर बैलार्ड पियर तक के पूरे परिसर ने युद्धभूमि का स्वरूप धारण कर लिया था। वह पूरा परिसर भूदल की टुकड़ियों से व्याप्त था, जिसमें हिन्दुस्तानी सैनिक कम और ब्रिटिश सैनिक ही ज़्यादा थे। सेना के पीछे पुलिस थी और पुलिस के…
The Famous Russian poet Aleksandr Pushkin was killed in a duel in Feb 1837. Pushkin is famous for his poems. He was the first to write a novel in poetry Evgeny Onegin. Let’s remember this poem…. चाहा तुम्हे,चाहत की आग अब भी शायद मेरे दिल में बुझी नहीं पूरी, पर न भड़काएँ तुम को…
In the 1950s family planning hadn’t become popular with the Indian couples and more the merrier was the theme they worked on industriously. So apple of an eye was a rarely used phrase in the Indian homes. There used to be so many apples in the house that you could compare the household to an…