Friends; as you are all aware the farmers agitation, particularly from farmers in Punjab, UP, Haryana and Delhi at New Delhi, has reached its 30th day with no indication of settlement.
The agitating FARMERS want that the so called ‘FARM LAWS (the 3 laws recently passed in Parliament)’ be withdrawn in ‘Total’.
- Today’s street agitation at New Delhi has drawn the largest protesters in history of street protests in last 30 years in India!
- No amount of reasoning with the protesters (estimated to be 70 percent traders, 30 percent farmers) to make them understand that the laws passed benefit them and the government has an honest agenda to ‘double their income’ by end of year 2022, has borne fruit.
- All opposition parties are backing this Farm protests as it gives them a chance to confront the ruling party (BJP and Modi in particular.) They hate Modi’s successes (many) in last 6-years. They are scared that the ongoing successes of Modi will win him a third term in 2024 since he has more or less fullfilled most promises from Demonetizing to Tripple talaq to A370 abrogation in Kashmir to building Ram Mandir in Aayodhya. He is also succeeding in bringing democracy at the grass roots level with recent municipal elections in the UT of J&K, even as he builds up the Indian military and Airforce to maintain the much needed military deterrence to keep China at bay. Once the pandemic is controlled in India, he might even steadily grow the economy from where it is stagnating now into a 5 trillion dollar economy in his present term itself!
- Most India watchers have given Modi the thumbs up for all the progress so far under this BJP government in last 6 years; optimism that the economy is going to bounce back once the Corona virus is brought under control is growing fast.
- Coming to the 3 FARM LAWS…, bringing a better deal for the hard working farmer (tiller of soil) will be another feather in Modi’s cap if the growing Farmers Protest is halted.
Here is my suggestion:
- At next Parliament session withdraw these 3 Farm laws as worded now; street agitators and opposition parties will pat their backs saying they have broken Modi’s back!
- Re-introduce them by labeling them ‘AGRICULTURAL COMMODITY TRADING LAWS’
How does that help?
Constitution of India does not restrict selling or marketing of any COMMODITY (agricultural commodity included,) to producing zone only.
All commodities can be traded/marketed in any part of India (State or Union Territory) by moving them from production zone to consumption zone.
For example, KERALA is a agricultural produce consuming zone, not a producing zone. KERALA has no APMC (MANDI). KERALA largely buys agricultural produce like Wheat, Rice, Lintels etc from neighboring States of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, and even from as far as PUNJAB, HARYANA and UP.
THE WORD AGRICULTURE is restricted to production (by tilling, sowing, harvesting) of crops in the Farms, Once such ‘produce’ is separated (by harvesting) from their sapling (agri-plant) such produce becomes a ‘Commodity’.
- if the 3 FARM LAWS, red herring now for the Union government, are re-labeled ‘AGRICULTURAL COMMODITY TRADING LAWS’ the middle men involved in buying/selling and in general profiting from them through the APMC (MANDI) in the State of Punjab (to start with,) can be silenced.
- the real poor farmer (tiller of soil in Punjab) can then have a choice to sell the produce directly, a) either at the local APMC (local MANDI) or, b) to any buyer in any State outside the producing State using online trading practices and benefit from it.
- Middle men (70% of protesters today) can be largely silenced as such a move will be fully protected by the Constitution of India.
Thewriterfriends.com is an experiment to bring the creative people together on one platform. It is a free platform for creativity. While there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of platforms that provide space for expression around the world, the feeling of being a part of fraternity is often lacking. If you have a creative urge, then this is the right place for you. You are welcome here to be one of us.
This poem bagged the second position in an event conducted by Pen and Writers यादों की पोटलियां जाने वाले चले जाते हैं पर छोड़ जाते हैं अपने पीछे यादों की पोटलियां खुल जाती हैं यहाँ वहाँ हर जगह कभी भी कहीं भी वक़्त बेवक्त और तैरने लगती हैं यादों की परछाइयाँ किसी अपने की डबडबाई…
fields, Green thumb, apples Whenever we go on our pilgrimages I get lost in green. I am talking about the variant hues or shades of green . The endless stretches of fields wear an unlimited range of this colour. The trees on the mountains display leaves of different green. At times the rivers, ponds and…
(pic) Download from iStock Bengaluru has emerged as the world’s fastest growing mature tech ecosystem in the world since 2016, followed by the European cities of London, Munich, Berlin and Paris, with India’s financial centre of Mumbai in sixth place, according to new research released in London on Thursday. Dealroom.co data analysed by London &…
Photo I got over WhatsApp. The little girl at bottom right is likely to be Kamala when she visited her grandparents in Chennai with her mother, then a civil rights activist from Chennai (at left) [HOPE I AM CORRECT here… this picture is a Whatsapp forward] Campaigning is on in USA for next President of…
GALWAN VALLEY ACTION OF 15 JUNE 2020 ! Aksai Chin In the fog of war, a lot of misinformation flies. Ill-informed but self styled defence experts and politicians always push through home made theories . Some of these so called experts had perhaps never ever seen high altitude terrain in their entire life or service…
The Rot Must Be Stemmed. This article was written in response to a post by Krishna Balu Iyyer on Face Book. He had reacted to the adamancy of Kunal Kamra who is stand up comedian who recently gained certain notoriety when he tried to heckle Arnab Goswami over the issues he raises on his Network…
(pic-1) There is proof now that a few Bollywood fathers and their sons are a quintessential lookalikes; it is all about genes folks! (pic-2) Ibrahim Ali Khan and Saif Ali Khan (pic-3) Karan Deol and Sunny Deol Look up more such father-son lookalikes@ hyperlink below:- https://www.bollywoodshaadis.com/articles/star-kids-who-have-grown-up-to-look-like-their-father-10204 Share with: 5 1 vote Article Rating
By A. Charumati Ramdas Russian literature of the last decade of XX century is like a kaleidoscope which presents different patterns and different colour combinations. The people were quite thrilled about the whole idea of ‘freedom’, which promised freedom of expression as well. It was therefore imperative that all that could not see the…
Bringing Porbartan Porbartan is a Bengali word. The equivalent hindi word is “Parivartan” which means change. “Porbartan” was the slogan Mamta Banerjee raised for usurping power from the Marxists who held it for twenty-five years in West Bengal, the Indian state which has always been a hotbed of politics. This is the main reason of…
Growing up for us was tough- Part 1 Was it really tough? I can’t contradict myself at the beginning of an article. Even the most seasoned politicians can’t do it, but I am not a politician anyway. Am I a confused writer or a little bit of alcohol has befuddled me? Without being judgmental…