After Joseph (Joe) Biden became President of US in January ’21 (winning a photo finish race for ‘White House’ beating former President Donald Trump,) this is the first time PM Modi of India is making a 3-day visit to US… visiting Washington DC for one-on-one meetings with President Biden, VP Kamala Harris… also heads of States of Japan and Australia to firm-up the QUAD alliance with four major powers: US, Japan, Australia, India on September 24th.
- India’s right wing media (with a PM Modi bias,) speculates that QUAD might become a military alliance to counter CHINA’s aggressive bullying tactics or hegemony in the region. By such talk what they mean is… if CHINA makes military moves to annex TAIWAN (for example,) QUAD countries will come together and protect TAIWAN, confronting CHINA!
- CHINA is a strong Naval power too… with more than one nuclear sub already deployed in region!
- India’s right wing media also says Australia has plans to build nuclear subs. It will take 20 years to build a nuclear sub and Australia has not made even a start in that direction!
- India has a nuclear submarine but will India counter CHINA? I doubt it since India has all along maintained that QUAD is a trading alliance, not a military alliance against CHINA.
- Will US bring its nuke sub(s) to region to attack CHINA? I doubt it! US is tired of waging long wars (cold or hot.) It has sacrificed hundreds of thousands of its soldiers in WWII and in the 20 year long confrontation in AFGHANISTAN, fighting TALIBAN. Public opinion in US is against US soldiers putting their boots on foreign soil to fight wars to support border wars of trading partners in Asia, Europe or any foreign region.
- JAPAN too will not get into another long war (cold or hot) anymore… JAPAN has suffered a lot in WWII.
QUAD parleys to take place on September 24th at the White House. Hope such talks remain talks for maritime trade and commerce, COVID VAX co-operation between the 4 countries meeting face-to-face for the first time in years.
I sincerely doubt if these countries make public how they will confront the dragon bringing their military resources to south china seas or even Indian ocean region.
- (Visit my earlier blog(s) on geo-politics of maritime trade and commerce in Asia-Pacific as well as maritime trade with Afghanistan and Iran, over the Arabian sea.
(picture from net of Willard Intercontinental Hotel, Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC)
On September 23rd, at Willard International Hotel in Washington DC, PM Modi met CEOs of 5 fortune 500 US-companies that could (perhaps will,) invest in India, participating in ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ initiative of PM Modi,
- US companies that PM Modi met on September 23rd at Willard Intercontinental Hotel in DC included:
- Qualcomm (AI, 5G & cloud computing specialists)
- Adobe (Computer Software Company)
- General Atomics (Unmanned Drones Company)
- First Solar (Solar company)
- Blackstone (Global Finance company)
These meetings have been widely reported in US and Indian media.
It is learned that these meetings were to usher-in cutting edge technologies to India that can boost India’s newer initiatives like:
- 5G telecom technology that can crank up India’s economy (visit link at end of this blog to read my earlier blog on 5G.)
- (5G tower picture from net for illustrative purposes only.)
- Predator Drones technology including immediate purchase of __ unmanned Drones that can fire missiles from a height of 500 feet to destroy enemy targets located 200km and beyond.
- (Missile(s) capable drones from net for illustrative purposes only)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Cloud Computing capabilities in US and India under ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ initiative of PM Modi
- (AI, 5G, Cloud Computing software capabilities for illustration only)
we will all know soon how far these initiatives from India PM will bring fast results.
Expectations are high on these issues.
LET PM MODI STICK TO TECHNOLOGY ALLIANCES WITH US COMPANIES UNDER ATMA NIRBHAR BHARAT INITIATIVE
- Watch what Indian diaspora is doing to welcome PM MODI this time around@
REFERENCES (MY PRIOR ARTICLES)
Thewriterfriends.com is an experiment to bring the creative people together on one platform. It is a free platform for creativity. While there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of platforms that provide space for expression around the world, the feeling of being a part of fraternity is often lacking. If you have a creative urge, then this is the right place for you. You are welcome here to be one of us.
लेखक: राजगुरू द. आगरकर अनुवाद: आ. चारुमति रामदास ‘तलवार’ में मुम्बई और आसपास के जहाज़ों और नौसेना तल के सैनिक इकट्ठा हुए थे । आज सभी जहाज़ और सारे नौसेना तल पूरी तरह से हिन्दुस्तानी सैनिकों के कब्ज़े में थे । इन जहाज़ों पर और नौसेना तलों पर तिरंगे के साथ–साथ कम्युनिस्ट और मुस्लिम लीग…
Every Janmasthami day, I am reminded of how I got a wakeup call! Read all about it again today! My awakening came at last… I realized that all I was having was time travel… to be conscious of Krshna in my life! Hare Krshnas who assemble, sing and dance at a temple, one block away…
[Aunt Dahlia to Bertie Wooster] ‘To look at you, one would think you were just an ordinary sort of amiable idiot–certifiable, perhaps, but quite harmless. Yet, in reality, you are worse as scourge than the Black Death. I tell you, Bertie, when I contemplate you I seem to come up against all the underlying sorrow…
Going by the chaos created by few politicians who are misinterpreting Manusmriti, i am submitting this piece. Evaluation: Manu Smriti was written a very long time ago when other civilizations lacked even basic civility, rights, etc. Compared to other prevailing social thought at its time, the work is progressive in many ways On has to…
This article is circulating on the Whatsapp. It is said to have been written by some ex- IPS officer and it may have been written by him/her but perhaps the author wants to remain anonymous. As the post is good, we thought of sharing it here. Former IPS Officer says:- I was so upbeat when…
A new President has been inaugurated in Washington. The incumbent left grudgingly after creating chaos and pandemonium. Back in 1796, when George Washington transferred power to John Adams, it was the first time in the history of the world that a peaceful transition of power had occurred to another elected representative. Over the course of…
On the intervening night if 29-30 August, when PLA tried to wrest control of a protrusion on the southern bank of Pangong Tso Lake, Indian Army ( IA) came to know about it and moved in strength. and thwarted its operation. China was given the taste of its own medicine . China always behaves like…
I recently saw a mini serial titled “Bandish Bandits”. It is based on hindustani classical music. Involving a musical family from Jodhpur, Rajasthan. The music is very enthralling. So are the visuals highlighting the splendors of Jodhpur. The sprawling city amidst historical forts and buildings. Such musicals inspire the way the movies of yesteryears like…
Of late, the biggest and oldest Indian political Indian National Congress is facing several crises. Be it Rajasthan or Maharashtra, or even at the Centre, this party is now facing difficulties in handling the crises it faces from time and again. At the outset, let us all agree that the Congress post 1969 is totally…