After Joseph (Joe) Biden became President of US in January ’21 (winning a photo finish race for ‘White House’ beating former President Donald Trump,) this is the first time PM Modi of India is making a 3-day visit to US… visiting Washington DC for one-on-one meetings with President Biden, VP Kamala Harris… also heads of States of Japan and Australia to firm-up the QUAD alliance with four major powers: US, Japan, Australia, India on September 24th.
- India’s right wing media (with a PM Modi bias,) speculates that QUAD might become a military alliance to counter CHINA’s aggressive bullying tactics or hegemony in the region. By such talk what they mean is… if CHINA makes military moves to annex TAIWAN (for example,) QUAD countries will come together and protect TAIWAN, confronting CHINA!
- CHINA is a strong Naval power too… with more than one nuclear sub already deployed in region!
- India’s right wing media also says Australia has plans to build nuclear subs. It will take 20 years to build a nuclear sub and Australia has not made even a start in that direction!
- India has a nuclear submarine but will India counter CHINA? I doubt it since India has all along maintained that QUAD is a trading alliance, not a military alliance against CHINA.
- Will US bring its nuke sub(s) to region to attack CHINA? I doubt it! US is tired of waging long wars (cold or hot.) It has sacrificed hundreds of thousands of its soldiers in WWII and in the 20 year long confrontation in AFGHANISTAN, fighting TALIBAN. Public opinion in US is against US soldiers putting their boots on foreign soil to fight wars to support border wars of trading partners in Asia, Europe or any foreign region.
- JAPAN too will not get into another long war (cold or hot) anymore… JAPAN has suffered a lot in WWII.
QUAD parleys to take place on September 24th at the White House. Hope such talks remain talks for maritime trade and commerce, COVID VAX co-operation between the 4 countries meeting face-to-face for the first time in years.
I sincerely doubt if these countries make public how they will confront the dragon bringing their military resources to south china seas or even Indian ocean region.
- (Visit my earlier blog(s) on geo-politics of maritime trade and commerce in Asia-Pacific as well as maritime trade with Afghanistan and Iran, over the Arabian sea.
(picture from net of Willard Intercontinental Hotel, Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC)
On September 23rd, at Willard International Hotel in Washington DC, PM Modi met CEOs of 5 fortune 500 US-companies that could (perhaps will,) invest in India, participating in ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ initiative of PM Modi,
- US companies that PM Modi met on September 23rd at Willard Intercontinental Hotel in DC included:
- Qualcomm (AI, 5G & cloud computing specialists)
- Adobe (Computer Software Company)
- General Atomics (Unmanned Drones Company)
- First Solar (Solar company)
- Blackstone (Global Finance company)
These meetings have been widely reported in US and Indian media.
It is learned that these meetings were to usher-in cutting edge technologies to India that can boost India’s newer initiatives like:
- 5G telecom technology that can crank up India’s economy (visit link at end of this blog to read my earlier blog on 5G.)
- (5G tower picture from net for illustrative purposes only.)
- Predator Drones technology including immediate purchase of __ unmanned Drones that can fire missiles from a height of 500 feet to destroy enemy targets located 200km and beyond.
- (Missile(s) capable drones from net for illustrative purposes only)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Cloud Computing capabilities in US and India under ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ initiative of PM Modi
- (AI, 5G, Cloud Computing software capabilities for illustration only)
we will all know soon how far these initiatives from India PM will bring fast results.
Expectations are high on these issues.
LET PM MODI STICK TO TECHNOLOGY ALLIANCES WITH US COMPANIES UNDER ATMA NIRBHAR BHARAT INITIATIVE
- Watch what Indian diaspora is doing to welcome PM MODI this time around@
REFERENCES (MY PRIOR ARTICLES)
Thewriterfriends.com is an experiment to bring the creative people together on one platform. It is a free platform for creativity. While there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of platforms that provide space for expression around the world, the feeling of being a part of fraternity is often lacking. If you have a creative urge, then this is the right place for you. You are welcome here to be one of us.
Some days ago it snowed here. I noticed some tiny flakes floating in the air in the morning outside our window. Later they became big and frequent. My mind travelled half a century back in time. Little me standing next to my mother looking in wonderment outside the window on to a vast stretch of…
A sailor friend has shared a beautiful video from NASDAILY, highlighting the very basic problem of ownership of blame in the Shipping Industry. The video talks of two recent incidents two bring home the point. 1st incident that it speaks of is of a Japanese Ship M.V. WAKASHIO that has run aground near Mauritius. The…
Following the tradition of the past couple of election cycles, there will be three presidential debates and one between the vice presidential nominees. All the debates will be 90 minutes in length, and will run from 9 p.m.-10:30 p.m. ET without commercial breaks. Details concerning the sensitive question of having live audience members — and…
(pic) Members of the House of Representatives take their oath of office during the first session of the 117th Congress in Washington. Credit: Reuters Photo On the first day of the 117th Congress, a lawmaker has introduced a bill in the US House of Representatives to terminate the designation of Pakistan as a Major non-NATO…
Congrats to Navneet-ji by Katokatha Congrats to Navneet-ji By Sreechandra Banerjee Congrats to Navneet Kumar Bakshi-ji, For setting us on another writing spree! Here is a forum of writers’-friends For flow of compositions from our pens! Good wishes to this endeavour I send To all writers of writers’-friends. —————————————————————————————————– Copyright Sreechandra…
EXCERPTS from the post of Sreshth Shah in India 195 for 6 (Sindhu 50*, Rasheed 50, Boyden 2-24) beat England 189 all out (Rew 95, Bawa 5-31, Ravi 3-34) by four wickets It was India’s seamers, not spinners, who plotted England’s downfall in the Under-19 World Cup final as Raj Bawa and Ravi Kumar produced match-winning bowling performances to share nine…